Little delights: Pinching a page in iBooks Author
Delighting and surprising are hallmarks of the Apple user experience. Imagine my response then when today, while working in iBooks Author, I discovered than in iBooks 2, I could pinch a landscape page and it would jump me to the table-of-contents view.
Steve and I are converting our Pitch Perfect book into iBooks Author format. That means we have to jump between presentations and orientations quite a lot to make sure each page layout works properly.
Discovering this one simple trick transformed a repetitive task into one that was just a little bit simpler, a little less onerous. It put a smile on our faces and once again reminded us how much pleasure can be found in fine design details.
What are some tiny interaction options that have surprised you in iOS? Share them in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service