Little delights: Pinching a page in iBooks Author
Delighting and surprising are hallmarks of the Apple user experience. Imagine my response then when today, while working in iBooks Author, I discovered than in iBooks 2, I could pinch a landscape page and it would jump me to the table-of-contents view.
Steve and I are converting our Pitch Perfect book into iBooks Author format. That means we have to jump between presentations and orientations quite a lot to make sure each page layout works properly.
Discovering this one simple trick transformed a repetitive task into one that was just a little bit simpler, a little less onerous. It put a smile on our faces and once again reminded us how much pleasure can be found in fine design details.
What are some tiny interaction options that have surprised you in iOS? Share them in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free