Dear Aunt TUAW: How do I post a website on Dropbox?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
It's a great blog post and neat trick! But it's using the Public folder... Is there a way to use a non-public folder to do the same?
Your loving nephew,
Auntie is fond of Kissr.co, not just because of its name, of course, but because it makes setting up a website on Dropbox super easy.
Just register for a name, and use Uncle Steve's save-from-iWeb secret techniques, and boom, you'll have a full website running from your Dropbox in no-time. If you want a custom domain, Kissr offers those for a small charge.
Auntie has tried both services (albeit, just poking around, no serious testing) and both seem to offer practical, portable, usable solutions.
Dear Aunt TUAW, I read Uncle Steve's write-up about posting an iWeb site to a Dropbox folder. It's a great blog post and neat trick!...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station