Dear Aunt TUAW: How do I post a website on Dropbox?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
It's a great blog post and neat trick! But it's using the Public folder... Is there a way to use a non-public folder to do the same?
Your loving nephew,
Auntie is fond of Kissr.co, not just because of its name, of course, but because it makes setting up a website on Dropbox super easy.
Just register for a name, and use Uncle Steve's save-from-iWeb secret techniques, and boom, you'll have a full website running from your Dropbox in no-time. If you want a custom domain, Kissr offers those for a small charge.
Auntie has tried both services (albeit, just poking around, no serious testing) and both seem to offer practical, portable, usable solutions.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter