Laser VR: Projector + computer vision + laser pointer = fun!
On paper, Laser VR sounds like one of the worst product ideas ever: you need to buy an iPhone, a laser pointer, and a Pico projector just to get started, but darn if we here at TUAW aren't drooling over the prospect.
An iPhone provides both the graphics generation piece, which is piped through a cable to a small projection system (low end projection systems now start around US$125), and the computer vision system that aligns itself to the projected image and interprets the laser pointer position for gaming.
As the following proof-of-concept video shows, while niche, the prospect of gaming on your wall could be super-cool.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client