Satechi Bluetooth Multi-Media Remote for iPhone, iPad
For those exasperating situations when you just can't be bothered to get up out of your seat and reach for the iPhone or iPad you're using to watch video or listen to music, accessory manufacturer Satechi has just the answer. It's the Bluetooth Multi-Media Remote Control (US$39.99), another product that seems to be the definitive answer to a nonexistent problem. As with the person in the photo above, you too can use a Bluetooth remote to control an iPhone that is within grabbing distance.
One feature is rather cool -- the ability to use the remote as a shutter button for taking photos with an iPhone up to 33 feet away. Of course, just make sure you're not on a cruise when you leave your iPhone unattended for photographic purposes.
Some of the other intended uses for the Satechi Bluetooth Remote appear to involve controlling a docked iPhone or iPad that is pumping out music or your favorite action flick. For some reason, I thought that beaming tunes or movies to your Apple TV from the iOS device would do the trick, but obviously I'm not a Satechi PR person.
The biggest laugh in the list of use cases is "Siri activation," presumably for those times when you can't be bothered to push the button on your iPhone to have Siri bend to your will. Instead, you'll be holding the Satechi Bluetooth Remote in your hand, and you'll use that to tickle Siri. Sigh.
Still, there may be TUAW readers for whom this device is the answer to their prayers. For those individuals, Satechi has thoughtfully provided a video.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates