Daily iPhone App: LostStar Tactics does turn-based strategy right
LostStar Tactics is a brand new game from developer James Pawliuk, and it features one of my favorite types of gameplay. It's a turn-based strategy RPG title, so the goal here is to take a series of characters through a run of battles, controlling their movement and actions from turn to turn. There's lots of fun depth and complexity here -- each character's action is controlled by a deck of cards, and leveling up and completing matches provides more actions and more cards to play with.
The difficulty curve is well-done as well -- the game starts off very easy, but each level has quite a few difficulty levels to explore through, and there are lots of options for progression of your various troops. The interface can be a little confusing (and unfortunately this app is iPhone only for now, though it would really benefit from the iPad's larger screen, I think), but the game is a lot of fun, especially if you're a fan of turn-based strategy. LostStar Tactics is available for $1.99 right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync