Daily iPhone App: Bee Leader
Bee Leader is one of the most charming iPhone games I've come across in a long time. It's a pretty simple construction, as you play a large, cute bee flying around in a circular 2D space (similar to the planet setups in Angry Birds Space, actually). You just drag a finger around the screen to fly, and then your flight is timed by a sun going across the screen, and your goal is to grab as much pollen and make as much honey as possible.
The whole game is very well put together artistically, from the colorful and well-designed levels to the funny little bees that you can collect as you play the various stages. There's a lot of depth hiding underneath the surface, too. It's not hard to just beat the levels themselves, but it is very hard to get a perfect score, or find and unlock everything hidden in there. The controls can be a little sensitive, but I found that the more I played around with the game's virtual joystick mode, the better I got at sliding my bee leader around the screen.
Bee Leader is an excellent title. It's the best we've seen from Flightless Limited so far, and I think shows a real maturity and confidence in the game and its design. You can pick it up yourself for 99 cents on the App Store right now.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements