IK Multimedia releases iRig MIC Cast for recording, podcasting on the go
IK Multimedia today released the iRig MIC Cast (US$39.99), a tiny coin-sized microphone for iOS devices that is targeted at those who need to record interviews or podcasts. According to the company, the iRig MIC Cast was designed with "a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording."
As you can see in the image above, the iRig MIC Cast has a built-in stereo mini-jack headphone output so you can monitor while you record. There's a sensitivity switch (Lo-Hi) for recording close or distant sources, and the connector will work with most iPhone/iPod touch cases.
IK Multimedia also sees the iRig MIC Cast as a great tool for phone calls and FaceTime chats, boosting your voice quality well over what the built-in microphone can do. Two free apps are included with the mic: iRig Recorder, which is used for voice recording and editing, and VocalLive, a "multi-effects processing app for singers." There's also a small tabletop stand included so you can record hands-free.
TUAW will post a full review of the iRig MIC Cast in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV