IK Multimedia releases iRig MIC Cast for recording, podcasting on the go
IK Multimedia today released the iRig MIC Cast (US$39.99), a tiny coin-sized microphone for iOS devices that is targeted at those who need to record interviews or podcasts. According to the company, the iRig MIC Cast was designed with "a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording."
As you can see in the image above, the iRig MIC Cast has a built-in stereo mini-jack headphone output so you can monitor while you record. There's a sensitivity switch (Lo-Hi) for recording close or distant sources, and the connector will work with most iPhone/iPod touch cases.
IK Multimedia also sees the iRig MIC Cast as a great tool for phone calls and FaceTime chats, boosting your voice quality well over what the built-in microphone can do. Two free apps are included with the mic: iRig Recorder, which is used for voice recording and editing, and VocalLive, a "multi-effects processing app for singers." There's also a small tabletop stand included so you can record hands-free.
TUAW will post a full review of the iRig MIC Cast in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter