Apple may acquire Italian digital audio editing software firm Redmatica
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to announce these
accusations acquisitions unless necessary. According to a recent Tech Crunch report, Italian startup Redmatica may be the target of one of these quiet buyouts. The source of this acquisition information is Italian blog Fanpage, which found a paper trail in the Italian Communications Regulatory Authority (Agcom).
Redmatica specializes in music-editing software for the Mac. Its website lists several apps including the flagship Keymap Pro 2.3, a sampled instrument editor. Though the details are not known, it's possible that Apple is purchasing this company to improve its music offerings like Logic Pro and GarageBand.
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time