Apple may acquire Italian digital audio editing software firm Redmatica
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to announce these
accusations acquisitions unless necessary. According to a recent Tech Crunch report, Italian startup Redmatica may be the target of one of these quiet buyouts. The source of this acquisition information is Italian blog Fanpage, which found a paper trail in the Italian Communications Regulatory Authority (Agcom).
Redmatica specializes in music-editing software for the Mac. Its website lists several apps including the flagship Keymap Pro 2.3, a sampled instrument editor. Though the details are not known, it's possible that Apple is purchasing this company to improve its music offerings like Logic Pro and GarageBand.
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs