Apple may acquire Italian digital audio editing software firm Redmatica
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to announce these
accusations acquisitions unless necessary. According to a recent Tech Crunch report, Italian startup Redmatica may be the target of one of these quiet buyouts. The source of this acquisition information is Italian blog Fanpage, which found a paper trail in the Italian Communications Regulatory Authority (Agcom).
Redmatica specializes in music-editing software for the Mac. Its website lists several apps including the flagship Keymap Pro 2.3, a sampled instrument editor. Though the details are not known, it's possible that Apple is purchasing this company to improve its music offerings like Logic Pro and GarageBand.
Speaking at the recent D10 conference, Tim Cook said Apple is still in the business of buying companies, but he doesn't want to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates