Daily iPhone App: Dungeon Crawlers is a turn-based strategy fighter
Just the other day, I was wondering about turn-based RPGs for iOS, and right after that, I wandered across Dungeon Crawlers for 99 cents on the App Store. The app actually came out a little while ago, but I'm just now getting into it, and it's very impressive. The turn-based strategy action is simple, but very fun.
You control a party of three (eventually four) characters, which are cheekily based on The Ghostbusters, each of which have their own various skills to play with, and specialties to use. The enemies are just as varied -- some will rush up and hit you quickly, while others will used ranged combat or attack with area-of-effect spells.
The controls are very simple -- just tap to move and then tap to attack. I do wish the skills screen was a little easier to use; It has a rotating menu of skills that can be a little testy to react. But the whole system works well, and the game has a steady feed of upgrades and level up progression to keep the quests moving along. Dungeon Crawlers is a really well polished gem of turn-based action, and well worth a look.
Just the other day, I was wondering about turn-based RPGs for iOS, and right after that, I wandered across Dungeon Crawlers for 99...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client