Apple introduces $10 MagSafe 2 adapter
Now for sale on the Apple Store, the US$10 MagSafe 2 converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on Cinema Displays (that includes the new Thunderbolt one as well) to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped MacBook Pro.
The new MagSafe 2 adapter offers a slimmer connector than the original MagSafe power port. You can pick up a standalone MagSafe 2 85W power adapter specific to the MacBook Pro Retina for $79 and a 45W MacBook Air model for the same price.
For comparison, here's an image of the two ports together, courtesy of Engadget
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter