Apple introduces $10 MagSafe 2 adapter
Now for sale on the Apple Store, the US$10 MagSafe 2 converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on Cinema Displays (that includes the new Thunderbolt one as well) to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped MacBook Pro.
The new MagSafe 2 adapter offers a slimmer connector than the original MagSafe power port. You can pick up a standalone MagSafe 2 85W power adapter specific to the MacBook Pro Retina for $79 and a 45W MacBook Air model for the same price.
For comparison, here's an image of the two ports together, courtesy of Engadget
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app