Apple introduces $10 MagSafe 2 adapter
Now for sale on the Apple Store, the US$10 MagSafe 2 converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on Cinema Displays (that includes the new Thunderbolt one as well) to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped MacBook Pro.
The new MagSafe 2 adapter offers a slimmer connector than the original MagSafe power port. You can pick up a standalone MagSafe 2 85W power adapter specific to the MacBook Pro Retina for $79 and a 45W MacBook Air model for the same price.
For comparison, here's an image of the two ports together, courtesy of Engadget
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature