Apple introduces Power Nap at WWDC 2012
Apple introduced Power Nap, a new feature of OS X during today's WWDC 2012 keynote. Available on
the MacBook Air (2nd gen) and MacBook Pro with Retina Display "Mac laptops with flash storage," this feature runs backups and "keeps data up to date" while the computer sleeps.
Apple notes that Power Nap is silent and power efficient. It's supposed to get mail, update calendar entries and more -- including backing up to Time Capsule, if you've got one.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration