Apple introduces Smart Case for iPad
Apple's Smart Covers are great for covering the iPad's touchscreen, but they've left the backside unprotected. In recognition that some people want to protect the aluminum case from scratches and other damage, Apple has introduced the iPad Smart Case.
It's made from polyurethane and available in six colors, most of them the same as the standalone Smart Cover. The foldover portion of the Smart Case will wake and sleep the iPad just like the Smart Cover.
It's difficult to make out from the images on the Apple Store, but it looks like this case is one integrated component, with the foldover portion not removable from the backside. That means if you have an existing Smart Cover, you won't be able to integrate it with this new case -- but that may not be an issue if all you're looking for is a case the same color as the one you already have.
The iPad Smart Case costs US$49 and offers free personalized laser engraving.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved