Mo' power from mophie: juice pack powerstation duo, mini
The hits just keep coming from accessory manufacturer mophie: they've announced two new power packs to keep your iOS devices purring happily. The juice pack powerstation duo (US$99.95) and juice pack powerstation mini ($59.95) are the latest in a series of external battery packs designed to provide power for hours of fun ... or work.
mophie juice pack powerstation duo
The powerstation duo (seen above) is the perfect idea for travel. As the name implies, the 6000 mAh device has two USB ports and 2.1 Amp output so that you could provide two iPads with a bit more power for the road.
With that amount of juice packed inside (see what I did there?), you might be worried about what could happen if this power pack decided to short out. Worry not, for there inside the box is built-in short circuit and overcharge protection.
The powerstation duo is packaged in a black soft-touch case with a metal band around the exterior, the perfect accessory for your iPad or iPhone. It has an LED power indicator built in so you can see how much power you have left, and when you're ready to recharge the pack, the powerstation duo supports high-current charging so you're back on the road quickly.
All of this power is only going to take up a scant 2.28" x 4.30" x 0.78" in the midst of your socks and underwear in your suitcase, and adds 6.9 ounces to the weight.
mophie juice pack powerstation mini
When you need a bit more power than mophie's juice pack reserve keychain fob can provide, but still want to be able to have power in your pants, the powerstation mini may do the trick. It packs 2500 mAh inside, over three times the amount of power provided by the juice pack reserve.
The juice pack powerstation mini looks a lot like a shrunken-head version of the powerstation duo, only with a single USB port instead of two. Size-wise, it's 1.92" x 3.64" x 0.53", so you won't look like you're happy to see your friends if the powerstation mini is in a front pants pocket. At 2.8 ounces of weight, it's not going to feel like you have a brick in your pocket.
The powerstation mini isn't designed to recharge your iPad; it only has an output of 1 amp. It will keep your iPhone and iPod touch happy.
As much as we use up battery power on the iPads and iPhones here at the TUAW labs, we don't keep the sample devices provided by vendors. That means that two TUAW readers are going to end up with a mophie product just in time for summer vacations. To enter the giveaway, just fill out the form below completely and submit it. We'll select a pair of winners next week. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before June 17, 2012 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected. One will receive a mophie juice pack powerstation duo valued at $99.95, one will receive a mophie juice pack powerstation mini valued at $59.95
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype