Former iAd executive Mike Owen moves to AdColony
Mike Owen, who worked at Apple on iAd, has left the company to join the mobile video ad network AdColony. Owen was a senior manager in the New York office for iAd, but is now one of three recent high-profile hires at AdColony.
He's also one of a few big exits from Apple's iAd program, the others being former VP Andy Miller, and Larry Albright, both former Quattro executives who joined Apple when that company was acquired. Apple's iAd service has been having some trouble. The company is trying to provide premium ads to developers for their iOS apps, but high prices and low clickthroughs have made the business slow.
That doesn't mean iAd is done, however. The company has also made a few big hires recently, and with Apple's cash reserves, iAd's got plenty of room to breathe as it finds both its audience and more clients.
Mike Owen, who worked at Apple on iAd, has left the company to join the mobile video ad network AdColony. Owen was a senior manager in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs