Happy Owl Studio Briefcase for MacBook Air is a stunning accessory
A while back, I met with two of the Colorado-based partners involved in Happy Owl Studio -- Devon Read and Ryan Jordan. We were talking about some of their other products, including the Wallet and Clutch for iPad and the Cashbox iPad cash register, when a beautiful leather briefcase caught my eye. Asking about the briefcase, I found out that it was a future product for the MacBook Air. Well, the future is now, and the US$249.99 Briefcase for MacBook Air is a reality. Read on for a full review and a chance to win this beautiful case.
If you like the look, feel, and smell of top-quality leather, you're going to love the Briefcase. It's a rather boxy design, somewhat like a small lawyer's briefcase that measures 13.5" long x 10" tall x 2.7" thick. The exterior fittings are made out of a shiny metal and are quite subtle -- a ring on either end for the shoulder strap, a set of feet on the bottom, a pair of studs on each leather "tongue" used to close the case, and one on either end of the nicely padded handle.
On the back of the case is a full-size pocket with a magnetic snap closure. That pocket is lined with a bright paisley print material that is very classy looking. That same material lines the padded interior slot where your MacBook Air resides, as well as the large interior pocket for accessories, power cords, and other goodies.
Those extra goodies include a leather slot for business cards, several interior loops for pens and styluses, and a pair of button-down leather loops for keys. There's plenty of room for items in the main pocket -- I was able to stuff the review case with a fully loaded Quirky PowerCurl, two small USB external drives, an iPhone and charging cable, and a BRAVEN 600 bluetooth speaker, and still had room to spare.
I have an 11" MacBook Air, but the Briefcase will hold a 13" Air with no problems. If you're wondering if the Briefcase will work for the 13" MacBook Pro, I would say no. The case is definitely designed for the MacBook Air, and the slot is too thin for the .95" thick MacBook Pro. For MacBook Air owners, this is the case to buy if you want to make your friends and coworkers jealous.
Yes, I am a sucker for nice-looking leather accessories, and it is with a lot of tears and pouting that I am going to have to bid adieu to the Briefcase. But one lucky TUAW reader is going to win this case and be the envy of his or her friends.
As with all of our TUAW giveaways, all you need to do to enter is fill out the form below and submit it. We'll do a random drawing, and the winner will be contacted via email for shipping information. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before June 20, 2012 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a Happy Owl Studio Briefcase for MacBook Air valued at US$249.99.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV