Camtasia for Mac 2.2 update adds new effects, interactivity
TechSmith today announced an update to Camtasia for Mac, its powerful screen recording and video editing solution. Camtasia is a popular application for creating screencasts, and the new features announced today should make the app even more handy for existing and new users.
The new hotspot capability allows Camtasia for Mac 2.2 users to embed links in any videos. For example, a video can now include a call to link to a research site or online store that those watching the video can access with a click. Sharing has been enhanced, providing a way to create video content that can be played on iPhones, iPads, and Macs seamlessly.
In the past, Camtasia has provided ways for users to highlight certain content to focus viewer attention. New Spotlight and Mask video features enhance that capability in Camtasia for Mac 2.2. TechSmith has also added a way to provide table of content functionality for videos that are uploaded to YouTube.
Camtasia for Mac 2.2 is a free upgrade to owners of the 2.0 and 2.1 versions, while Camtasia for Mac 1.x owners can upgrade to the new version for US$49.50. The app is available on the Mac App Store for $99.99. A free 30-day trial of Camtasia 2.2 is available as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features