Thunderbolt 1.2.1 update reportedly fixes boot issues, adds Ethernet adapter support
Last week TUAW reported that the Thunderbolt 1.2 update, which was released to provide support for the new US$29 Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter, was causing some Macs to experience boot failures that often required a complete reinstall of Lion to resolve. Well, Apple apparently jumped on the problem as soon as it was reported, as a new Thunderbolt 1.2.1 update that fixes the problem is now available.
If you're using a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.4, then the update will appear in Software Update for easy installation. As usual, Apple has made a direct download link available.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app