Thunderbolt 1.2.1 update reportedly fixes boot issues, adds Ethernet adapter support
Last week TUAW reported that the Thunderbolt 1.2 update, which was released to provide support for the new US$29 Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter, was causing some Macs to experience boot failures that often required a complete reinstall of Lion to resolve. Well, Apple apparently jumped on the problem as soon as it was reported, as a new Thunderbolt 1.2.1 update that fixes the problem is now available.
If you're using a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.4, then the update will appear in Software Update for easy installation. As usual, Apple has made a direct download link available.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature