Satechi's Portable Energy Station ups the ante for external power
Just about every time I turn around, there's another new external battery pack for iOS devices that has more storage capacity than the previous capacity leader. Yesterday, accessory manufacturer Satechi came out with the Portable Energy Station, a relatively inexpensive (US$49.95) external battery pack with a huge battery capacity.
Like the $99.95 mophie juice pack powerstation duo, the Portable Energy Station has two USB ports enabling charging of two devices at once. However, Satechi has managed to squeeze 10,000 mAh of power into their device -- 4,000 mAh more than the mophie product. One of the two ports on the Portable Energy Station can handle 1 Amp of current (enough to charge an iPhone or iPod touch), while the other puts out 2 Amps and can handle charging an iPad.
With all of that power, the Portable Energy Station is still incredibly lightweight. It weighs just 7.4 ounces, and takes up only 5.5" x 2" x .75" of volume in your computer bag. The Satechi Portable Energy Station is available today, and we'll have a review of the device in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features