Slow Moment for iOS saves your memories s-l-o-w-l-y
Slow Moment is a clever iOS app that lets you record video and then slow it down. Just the thing for preserving a stupid pet trick or a moment of athletic glory from one of your kids.
The app is simple to use. Take a video of your own or import something you have already done. There is a 12 second limit either way. You can create a title screen and add music, either selections from the app, or something from your iTunes library. The video fades in at the beginning and out at the end. You can save your masterpiece to your camera roll, or email it to friends or family.
The app performs as you would expect. Rendering the slow motion took about a minute in my testing. The final video can be further edited in iMovie for iOS if need be, or several clips can be combined.
The only negative I saw is that all the videos are branded with a faint url from the developer. I'd rather not have that superimposed on my videos, and there should be a switch to turn it off.
For US$0.99 Slow Moment is a good buy, and accomplishes what it sets out to do. I'd like to see the ability to take more than 12 seconds of video, because you just might miss that special event just when the video goes out.
Slow Moment runs on the iPhone, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation, and the iPad. It requires at least iOS4.3.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options