Google closes down Mac-specific company blog
For more than five years, Google's Mac blog has provided a company-endorsed outlet for announcements and insight into the search giant's offerings for Apple's computer line. Going forward, however, you'll have to track the Mac on Google's other official blogs -- the Mac-only Blogger page is going quiet.
This transition isn't exactly a huge surprise; the low-frequency Google Mac page last saw an update in October of 2011, with a brief memorial post for Steve Jobs. It's nice to know the Mac is mainstream enough to fit in with the rest of the class, although developers who relied on Google's Mac-specific frameworks may have to hunt around a bit more to get the news they need.
[via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features