Google announces iOS Notification Center support for Gmail
Google has announced some good news for prospective Mountain Lion users on its official blog: The company will tie Gmail notifications into Apple's Notification Center, which means you'll be able to know at a moment's notice when you've got emails to read. The integration will support banners, full alerts, and options for the lock screen, and Google says its notifications will be up to five times faster as well, so you'll know right away when that important message comes in.
Google's also offering a few other improvements (including sending from multiple addresses, as well as longer login periods), but that Mountain Lion notification note is the most pertinent for us. Mountain Lion comes out in July of this year. In other news, can it be July yet?
[via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature