Cupcakeroo: kidlet and tween fun
There are roughly a badjillion cupcake apps available on the iOS App Store. They're all vaguely the same, providing a fun interactive way to decorate bake goods.
Today, I got a chance to play with Cupcakeroo, a new contender in the crowded field of carb-loaded ornamentation. Retailing for US$1.99 (launch price $0.99 for a limited time), the new app provides one of the kid-friendliest interfaces I have had the opportunity to test.
Loaded with lush graphics, fun interactivity, and lots of great design choices, Cupcakeroo offers more than your garden variety "stick stuff on a cupcake". The app lets kids bake their choices from "scratch" or decorate pre-baked items. You can even blow out "candles" and add sparklers. My kids ended up in an iPad nearly-tug-of-war over who got to use the app.
BEST OF ALL, and I say this in caps because I am a mother, all these features are available without in-app purchase. Frankly, I'm a bit sick of kid-centered apps whose entire existence seems to be centered around reaching into the parent's wallet. Bravo to Maverick Software for making the right choices and building a loyal mom-base.
The game's fun too. Recommended.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service