Daily iPhone App: Arrow Mania lets you hone your shooting skills by downing planes and solving puzzles
Arrow Mania is part puzzle, part arcade game that'll both entertain and challenge you when you have a few free minutes. The centerpiece of the game is an arrow-firing orb that you move through a maze of platforms using magnets. You must shoot targets to open doors and raise or lower platforms. Trickier shots require you to bounce the arrows around corners while you avoid hitting the friendly birds flying overhead.
There are also airplanes dropping parachute bombs that you can destroy in a hail of arrows. It's an all-round fun game that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. The game has 30 levels that start off short and easy and increase in length and difficulty. It also supports the retina graphics of the new iPad and the iPhone 4/4S.
Arrow Mania is available in the iOS App Store for 99-cents. It's a universal app that's compatible the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4 or later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows