Fourth of July sales begin on the App Store
As you might have expected, the sales that seem to pop up around any holiday are showing up this week on Apple's App Store, too. Here's a sampler of what's out there already (all prices are USD):
- Edovia's Screens VNC app, for remote control of your Mac, is 50% off in both Mac and iOS's App Stores through 7/7. (Thanks Rene)
- Firemint's Flight Control and Real Racing are all on sale for 99 cents each.
- Chillingo has put both The Act and Air Mail (both really terrific games) on sale for a buck each as well.
- Asteroids Gunner+ will be down to $1.99 today.
- Crytek's Fibble has new content in a brand new update, and it's on sale this week for 99 cents.
- Warner Brothers has Lego: Harry Potter part 1 and part 2 on sale for a buck, as well as Batman: Arkham City Lockdown on sale, also a buck.
- Oscura and Sprinkle are two excellent indie titles you can grab for 99 cents each.
- The Mass Effect: Infiltrator tie-in game is on sale for a buck, along with quite a few other EA titles (which, honestly, you may have already grabbed in a previous sale).
- Shadowgun is back at 99 cents.
- 2D shooter Clash Force is completely free.
- Capcom's got Mega Man X, Street Fighter 2 Volt, and Monster Hunter: Dynamic Hunting all on sale for 99 cents this week as well.
That's a lot of great, cheap games to play! Stay tuned as there will probably be even more sales available today. And we always tweet out great app sales right away on our Twitter account, so go follow @TUAW on Twitter if you want up-to-the-minute insight on what's dropping and what's good on the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)