Nexus 7 more repairable than iPad
iFixit has taken Google's Nexus 7 tablet apart and found that it has at least one advantage over the iPad. The extra space inside makes it easier to repair than Apple's device. iFixit found the Nexus's interior squished than Apple's tablet, and the various components were apparently installed with standard tools. All of this won the Nexus a repairability score of a nice seven out of ten, instead of the two out of ten the iPad received.
Repairability is just one feature of a tablet, and actually, it's one that most users probably won't worry about. But the past has definitely shown that being hackable and fixable can contribute to the success of any electronic device, so the Nexus 7 has that going for it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options