Nexus 7 more repairable than iPad
iFixit has taken Google's Nexus 7 tablet apart and found that it has at least one advantage over the iPad. The extra space inside makes it easier to repair than Apple's device. iFixit found the Nexus's interior squished than Apple's tablet, and the various components were apparently installed with standard tools. All of this won the Nexus a repairability score of a nice seven out of ten, instead of the two out of ten the iPad received.
Repairability is just one feature of a tablet, and actually, it's one that most users probably won't worry about. But the past has definitely shown that being hackable and fixable can contribute to the success of any electronic device, so the Nexus 7 has that going for it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature