Minimalistic weather app does a few things very well
Ah, yet another weather app. There are so many, but Weather Neue is free, and rather than having a thousand features, maps, and animations, it does what it is does in a very clean, minimalistic way.
When you start the app, it grabs your location. Then it spins up your current conditions and a four-day forecast. That's it. No radar, choice of multiple cities, cloud maps, front depictions, or fancy background graphics. You get your temperature, sky conditions, humidity, wind speed and direction, plus the prediciton.
It uses an attractive Helvetica font, and the only settings are metric or US, and a choice of 4 background colors.
After using the app for a few days I've grown to like it. It's to the point and gives me what I need in a quick glance. I have other apps that will warn me of imminent storms, flooding and other weather woes, but Weather Neue does the basic job in elegant style.
The app is not universal, and an update is coming to fix a bug that prevents it being installed on an iPad 1 or 2. The app requires iOS5 or greater.
Ah, yet another weather app. There are so many, but Weather Neue is free, and rather than having a thousand features, maps, and...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements