Tweetbot for Mac public alpha available for download
It's no secret that Tapbots is about to release a Mac version of its wildly popular Tweetbot Twitter application, and now the cat's really out of the bag. The company has released a public alpha of Tweetbot for Mac in order to receive feedback and bug reports, culminating in a much more stable and feature-filled final product.
In a blog post today, Tapbots noted that they also want to be "motivated to finish faster", but to expect a lot of bugs. If you choose to use the alpha and uncover a problem, you can send a bug or crash report by selecting "Send Feedback" from the Help menu in the app.
The team was nice enough to also note that certain features will be missing in the alpha, that there will be "disturbing graphics and performance issues," and that you shouldn't expect any support. There's also no support for Notification Center or iCloud, as those features cannot be enabled until the app is signed and in the app store.
Should you decide to accept the challenge of working with an early alpha, the app is free to try, although the final product will have a price tag associated with it. The alpha of Tweetbot for Mac will support OS X 10.7, although the final product will eventually support only 10.8 and later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update