Tweetbot for Mac public alpha available for download
It's no secret that Tapbots is about to release a Mac version of its wildly popular Tweetbot Twitter application, and now the cat's really out of the bag. The company has released a public alpha of Tweetbot for Mac in order to receive feedback and bug reports, culminating in a much more stable and feature-filled final product.
In a blog post today, Tapbots noted that they also want to be "motivated to finish faster", but to expect a lot of bugs. If you choose to use the alpha and uncover a problem, you can send a bug or crash report by selecting "Send Feedback" from the Help menu in the app.
The team was nice enough to also note that certain features will be missing in the alpha, that there will be "disturbing graphics and performance issues," and that you shouldn't expect any support. There's also no support for Notification Center or iCloud, as those features cannot be enabled until the app is signed and in the app store.
Should you decide to accept the challenge of working with an early alpha, the app is free to try, although the final product will have a price tag associated with it. The alpha of Tweetbot for Mac will support OS X 10.7, although the final product will eventually support only 10.8 and later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free