Daily iPhone App: Over: text+ photos lets you annotate your photos with ease
If you're looking for an easy way to add text to your photos, then you should check out Over: text+ photos. The lightweight photo editor only does text overlays, but it does so with style and ease.
Over uses a dial as its menu, which is a nice change from the traditional button-driven interface. It includes 19 fonts, and you can buy more via an in-app purchase. Besides changing the font type, you can also adjust the size and alignment of the text. If you want to change the text, just tap on it. The text box will re-open and let you make changes.
The only drawback I found is the text color, which is limited to shades of grey, white and black. These colors are compatible with most photos, but this limitation might be disappointing for users who like to add a splash of color to their text. This is an easy feature that hopefully will appear in a future version of the app.
Once you've tweaked the text to your liking, you can share the annotated image via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or email. You can also save it to your camera roll. Interested iOS owners can download the Over: text+ photos app from the iOS App Store for US$1.99.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements