Apple's supply chain increases US production
Apple's effect on manufacturing in the Far East is well publicized, but its influence on homegrown companies is not highlighted. A recent report from AppleInsider takes a closer look at lesser-known companies that have benefited from Apple's success with the iPhone and iPad.
Besides the high-profile Corning Glass in Kentucky and Samsung plant in Texas, other companies like Avago and Fairfield Semiconductor are in the process of increasing its American operations to meet Apple's demand for smaller components such as custom wireless modules and power supply chips.
You can read more about Apple's effect on US manufacturing in this report on AppleInsider's website.
Apple's effect on manufacturing in the Far East is well publicized, but its influence on homegrown companies is not highlighted. A...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements