Apple's supply chain increases US production
Apple's effect on manufacturing in the Far East is well publicized, but its influence on homegrown companies is not highlighted. A recent report from AppleInsider takes a closer look at lesser-known companies that have benefited from Apple's success with the iPhone and iPad.
Besides the high-profile Corning Glass in Kentucky and Samsung plant in Texas, other companies like Avago and Fairfield Semiconductor are in the process of increasing its American operations to meet Apple's demand for smaller components such as custom wireless modules and power supply chips.
You can read more about Apple's effect on US manufacturing in this report on AppleInsider's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service