Apple's supply chain increases US production
Apple's effect on manufacturing in the Far East is well publicized, but its influence on homegrown companies is not highlighted. A recent report from AppleInsider takes a closer look at lesser-known companies that have benefited from Apple's success with the iPhone and iPad.
Besides the high-profile Corning Glass in Kentucky and Samsung plant in Texas, other companies like Avago and Fairfield Semiconductor are in the process of increasing its American operations to meet Apple's demand for smaller components such as custom wireless modules and power supply chips.
You can read more about Apple's effect on US manufacturing in this report on AppleInsider's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync