TUAW Talkcast: Mountain Lion preview show, 10pm ET
Tonight on the Talkcast, we're getting ready for the new top cat in town. The calendar is flipping past and the end of July is in sight, which means the release of OS X Mountain Lion is imminent. Our intrepid team has been helping you prepare your Mac for the new operating system via our ongoing Getting Ready for Mountain Lion series -- now it's your chance to call in and discuss, dissect, etcetera.
We'll be welcoming a few special guests tonight, including Rene Ritchie of iMore and tech journalist Julio Ojeda-Zapata of the St. Paul (MN) Pioneer-Press. Bring your Mountain Lion musings -- and also your predictions for Apple's earnings call later this week.
To participate in the call, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free X-Lite or other SIP clients -- basic instructions are here. Skype users with dial-out credit can call in via the service, or use those free iPhone minutes. Talk to you tonight!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter