Safari 6 for Windows not yet available
Safari 6, as you might have noticed in Software Update this morning, is now out for OS X. But Windows users have noticed something a little strange: There are no download links for a Windows version, and the latest version is still Safari 5.1.7 on Apple's official website.
I don't think this means Safari for Windows is entirely dead, but Apple apparently believed it had other things to do with the release of Mountain Lion and those iWork updates -- the Webkit nightly builds, after all, are still coming out for a Windows version. The most likely cause for delay is just that Apple was working hard on the OS X update and let the Windows one fall behind. Whatever the reason, Windows users wanting the new Safari will have a bit longer to wait.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature