Safari 6 for Windows not yet available
Safari 6, as you might have noticed in Software Update this morning, is now out for OS X. But Windows users have noticed something a little strange: There are no download links for a Windows version, and the latest version is still Safari 5.1.7 on Apple's official website.
I don't think this means Safari for Windows is entirely dead, but Apple apparently believed it had other things to do with the release of Mountain Lion and those iWork updates -- the Webkit nightly builds, after all, are still coming out for a Windows version. The most likely cause for delay is just that Apple was working hard on the OS X update and let the Windows one fall behind. Whatever the reason, Windows users wanting the new Safari will have a bit longer to wait.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs