Safari 6 for Windows not yet available
Safari 6, as you might have noticed in Software Update this morning, is now out for OS X. But Windows users have noticed something a little strange: There are no download links for a Windows version, and the latest version is still Safari 5.1.7 on Apple's official website.
I don't think this means Safari for Windows is entirely dead, but Apple apparently believed it had other things to do with the release of Mountain Lion and those iWork updates -- the Webkit nightly builds, after all, are still coming out for a Windows version. The most likely cause for delay is just that Apple was working hard on the OS X update and let the Windows one fall behind. Whatever the reason, Windows users wanting the new Safari will have a bit longer to wait.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter