Farewell, Lion, you've served us well; Apple removes 10.7 from App Store
Apple has apparently dropped OS X Lion from the Mac App Store. Those who have purchased it are still seeing it in their purchases list, though some TUAW staffers are saying they're not able to download it. I wasn't able to download it on my MacBook Pro, though I was able to start doing so on my iMac.
Those with OS X Lion who are not making the Mountain Lion upgrade should be able use the Lion Internet Recovery process if there are any issues or use Lion Recovery Disk Assistant to make a backup on an external drive. We also recommend making a bootable backup of your computer whether you're sticking with Lion or upgrading to Mountain Lion.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync