Apple updates OS X Server, Xcode, Remote Desktop
OS X Server 2.0 is a $19.99 Mac App Store purchase that can be added to any Mac running Mountain Lion, enabling that machine to be used at a server. Features in the update include the following:
- File sharing for Macs, PC and iPad; Standards-based AFP, SMB and WebDAV file services; flexible file permissions and Spotlight searching
- Wiki Server including point-and-click page editor, access controls, tags and comments, revision history, document sharing and Quick Look previews
- Profile Manager, which includes configuration and management for OS X and iOS, over-the-air enrollment, mobile device management, web-based administration console and a self-service user portal
- Time Machine
- Mail Services
- Calendar, Contacts and Messages Servers
- Virtual Private Network
- Server app and other features
- SDKs for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and iOS 5.1.
- Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Code completion persists your selections to give more accurate suggestions.
- Objective-C @synthesize command is generated by default when using properties.
- Objective-C adds literal syntax for numbers, arrays, dictionaries, and expressions when developing for OS X.
- Apple LLVM compiler supports additional C++11 features, including lambdas.
- Assistant editor tracks caller or callee for the current selection.
- New localization workflow can share a single base .xib file for multiple locales on OS X.
- Source control can commit individually selected changes.
- ARC migration tool converts both retain/release and garbage collected code.
- Fixes an issue where code completion could fail, requiring the user to delete derived data.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV