Daily iPhone App: Velocirapture has you saving and smiting dinos
Velocirapture is a weird one. You play as God, either smiting or saving a series of faithful or evil dinosaurs. Yup, it's weird. It's brought to you by the same developers who made the really terrific (and similarly strange) Monsters Ate My Condo, so if you liked that kind of swipey puzzle/action, you'll probably like this one, too. I didn't think it was quite as simple or as polished as that game, however, but maybe you'll disagree.
As the dinosaurs wander around, your job is to swipe the righteous ones Heaven and to swipe down the bad ones, smiting them into nonexistence. The action gets fast and crazy quickly, and unlike Monsters Ate My Condo, there's a bit of a metagame, as you can level up your skills and combos as you go, adding a little more depth into how you can play it.
Quite a few of the iTunes comments on the game talk about crashes, but if you're running the latest iOS, I don't believe you'll have a problem. Velocirapture is available as a universal app for US$1.99.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved