Daily iPhone App: Velocirapture has you saving and smiting dinos
Velocirapture is a weird one. You play as God, either smiting or saving a series of faithful or evil dinosaurs. Yup, it's weird. It's brought to you by the same developers who made the really terrific (and similarly strange) Monsters Ate My Condo, so if you liked that kind of swipey puzzle/action, you'll probably like this one, too. I didn't think it was quite as simple or as polished as that game, however, but maybe you'll disagree.
As the dinosaurs wander around, your job is to swipe the righteous ones Heaven and to swipe down the bad ones, smiting them into nonexistence. The action gets fast and crazy quickly, and unlike Monsters Ate My Condo, there's a bit of a metagame, as you can level up your skills and combos as you go, adding a little more depth into how you can play it.
Quite a few of the iTunes comments on the game talk about crashes, but if you're running the latest iOS, I don't believe you'll have a problem. Velocirapture is available as a universal app for US$1.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)