Apple adds Hulu Plus to Apple TV
Apple has quietly added Hulu Plus to the Apple TV. The new channel is available not through a software update for Apple's set-top box, but via restarting the device. Users are offered a one-week trial, or can log in with their existing account (or, apparently, buy service through iTunes). See our gallery for images of the new channel.
Hulu Plus is a service in the United States that allows viewers to watch TV shows and movies from some of the biggest networks and studios including Disney, NBC, ABC, and Fox. As of 2011 Hulu Plus had 1.5 million users.
Apple TV users outside of the United States will not be able to take advantage of the new Hulu Plus channel. The addition of Hulu Plus is promising for those outside of the US though. Here's hoping that Apple continues to add more streaming content outlets to the AppleTV -- like BBC's iPlayer.
[hat tip MacRumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs