Apple adds Hulu Plus to Apple TV
Apple has quietly added Hulu Plus to the Apple TV. The new channel is available not through a software update for Apple's set-top box, but via restarting the device. Users are offered a one-week trial, or can log in with their existing account (or, apparently, buy service through iTunes). See our gallery for images of the new channel.
Hulu Plus is a service in the United States that allows viewers to watch TV shows and movies from some of the biggest networks and studios including Disney, NBC, ABC, and Fox. As of 2011 Hulu Plus had 1.5 million users.
Apple TV users outside of the United States will not be able to take advantage of the new Hulu Plus channel. The addition of Hulu Plus is promising for those outside of the US though. Here's hoping that Apple continues to add more streaming content outlets to the AppleTV -- like BBC's iPlayer.
[hat tip MacRumors]
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client