Apple adds Hulu Plus to Apple TV
Apple has quietly added Hulu Plus to the Apple TV. The new channel is available not through a software update for Apple's set-top box, but via restarting the device. Users are offered a one-week trial, or can log in with their existing account (or, apparently, buy service through iTunes). See our gallery for images of the new channel.
Hulu Plus is a service in the United States that allows viewers to watch TV shows and movies from some of the biggest networks and studios including Disney, NBC, ABC, and Fox. As of 2011 Hulu Plus had 1.5 million users.
Apple TV users outside of the United States will not be able to take advantage of the new Hulu Plus channel. The addition of Hulu Plus is promising for those outside of the US though. Here's hoping that Apple continues to add more streaming content outlets to the AppleTV -- like BBC's iPlayer.
[hat tip MacRumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7