DODOcase touts new interior tray design for iPad cases
When it comes to book-like folio cases for iPad, San Francisco-based DODOcase was the leader in creating a design that used traditional book-binding techniques and a wooden tray to protect the tablet in a classy way. The company has just announced a new interior tray design that adds significant strength to DODOcases.
According to a press release from the company,
- The new tray is 330% stronger than the previous version and about 2x the strength on average of the competitive products we tested against.
- This redesign reflects our desire to make and provide the best product possible and allows the DODOcase to withstand increased drop impact.
- The new tray will be available on all iPad products starting 7/31 - and is the product of an extensive design process that included looking at traditional wood crafts that focused on strength as well as usability: from the science of baseball bats and axe handles to the art of Japanese Bokken wooden sword construction, we wanted to make the DODOcase even stronger.
TUAW will be doing a full review of the newly-redesigned case in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy the video below and dream of a colorful DODOcase on your iPad.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved