TUAW Poll: What's the next video channel Apple should add to the Apple TV?
Today Apple suprised everyone by quietly adding Hulu Plus as a channel on the Apple TV. The addition of Hulu adds some serious muscle behind Apple's "hobby" device and puts it more in league with other multimedia streaming boxes like Roku and Xbox 360.
No doubt Apple will continue adding channels in the future (perhaps leading up to a "real" Apple television), but we here at TUAW want to know what your choice is for the next video channel Apple adds to the Apple TV. Sure, ideally Apple would add all these channels, but let's say they could only add one. Which would you choose?
(Keep in mind that some of the choices below, like the current channel options on Apple TV, would most likely only be available in specific geographic territories.)
|Amazon Instant Video/LOVEFiLM||794 (27.5%)|
|BBC iPlayer||778 (26.9%)|
|Facebook (view your friend's videos)||48 (1.7%)|
|HBO Go||1096 (38.0%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter