Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter now definitely available
It appeared and disappeared a few times over the first day of supposed availability, but now it seems to have arrived for good: the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter originally announced with the most recent laptop refresh is now on sale.
The adapter works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs and supplies 7W of power for bus-powered devices. Given the theoretical bandwidth of Thunderbolt far outstrips the FireWire spec, the adapter should have no problem keeping up with the fastest drives.
Thanks to Eric J
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows