Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter now definitely available
It appeared and disappeared a few times over the first day of supposed availability, but now it seems to have arrived for good: the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter originally announced with the most recent laptop refresh is now on sale.
The adapter works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs and supplies 7W of power for bus-powered devices. Given the theoretical bandwidth of Thunderbolt far outstrips the FireWire spec, the adapter should have no problem keeping up with the fastest drives.
Thanks to Eric J
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)