Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter now definitely available
It appeared and disappeared a few times over the first day of supposed availability, but now it seems to have arrived for good: the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter originally announced with the most recent laptop refresh is now on sale.
The adapter works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs and supplies 7W of power for bus-powered devices. Given the theoretical bandwidth of Thunderbolt far outstrips the FireWire spec, the adapter should have no problem keeping up with the fastest drives.
Thanks to Eric J
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter