Flip4Mac WMV tool launches public beta of v3
Mac owners who work in a Windows environment know how difficult it can be to play a Windows Media file on their laptop. One popular solution that lets customers play and edit a WMV/WMA file is Flip4Mac, a QuickTime component that is developed by Telestream and supported and hosted by Microsoft.
The latest release is Version 3, which customers can now download as a public beta. This newest version includes support for 64-bit Core Audio in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The package is now signed with a digital certificate that meets Gatekeeper's security requirements.
Besides some changes for Mountain Lion, this release also includes a new Flip Player application. Flip player is a free, standalone media player that complements Flip4Mac's system-wide QuickTime integration. Customers who want more than a player can purchase an upgrade to a Pro (US$29), Studio ($49) or Studio Pro HD ($179) version. In addition to playback, these paid versions can edit and transcode WMV and WMA files.
Mac owners who work in a Windows environment know how difficult it can be to play a Windows Media file on their laptop. One popular...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update