PIxelmator 2.1 offers Retina and iCloud support, more
Pixelmator has always been popular for the not-quite-ready-for-the-expense-of-Photoshop crowd. The image manipulation/retouching app for Mac is powerful, works well, and is good competition for applications like Photoshop Elements.
Pixelmator 2.1 has just been released, and at a very attractive price through the Mac App Store at a very attractive US $14.99. The app is now Retina-ready, supports iCloud for syncing, and has added new effects including miniaturize, rain and snow and new filters. The app also supports Mountain Lion.
Effects previews have been improved, and with this release, Pixelmator continues to enhance its reputation as a powerful and inexpensive photo editor.
I'll have a detailed look at the app soon, and see how it compares to the competition. The app is a 27.8 MB download, and requires OS X 10.6.8 or later. Graphic artists and photographers who aren't in the Photoshop camp will want to take a look for certain.
We've got some sample screenshots in the gallery.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update