PIxelmator 2.1 offers Retina and iCloud support, more
Pixelmator has always been popular for the not-quite-ready-for-the-expense-of-Photoshop crowd. The image manipulation/retouching app for Mac is powerful, works well, and is good competition for applications like Photoshop Elements.
Pixelmator 2.1 has just been released, and at a very attractive price through the Mac App Store at a very attractive US $14.99. The app is now Retina-ready, supports iCloud for syncing, and has added new effects including miniaturize, rain and snow and new filters. The app also supports Mountain Lion.
Effects previews have been improved, and with this release, Pixelmator continues to enhance its reputation as a powerful and inexpensive photo editor.
I'll have a detailed look at the app soon, and see how it compares to the competition. The app is a 27.8 MB download, and requires OS X 10.6.8 or later. Graphic artists and photographers who aren't in the Photoshop camp will want to take a look for certain.
We've got some sample screenshots in the gallery.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter