PIxelmator 2.1 offers Retina and iCloud support, more
Pixelmator has always been popular for the not-quite-ready-for-the-expense-of-Photoshop crowd. The image manipulation/retouching app for Mac is powerful, works well, and is good competition for applications like Photoshop Elements.
Pixelmator 2.1 has just been released, and at a very attractive price through the Mac App Store at a very attractive US $14.99. The app is now Retina-ready, supports iCloud for syncing, and has added new effects including miniaturize, rain and snow and new filters. The app also supports Mountain Lion.
Effects previews have been improved, and with this release, Pixelmator continues to enhance its reputation as a powerful and inexpensive photo editor.
I'll have a detailed look at the app soon, and see how it compares to the competition. The app is a 27.8 MB download, and requires OS X 10.6.8 or later. Graphic artists and photographers who aren't in the Photoshop camp will want to take a look for certain.
We've got some sample screenshots in the gallery.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync