Turning an old Apple mouse into a modern Bluetooth mouse
This Instructable is a pretty sweet project that some of you might want to take on this weekend: It'll teach you how to combine an 80s-era Apple mouse body with the innards of a modern Bluetooth wireless mouse, thus turning Apple's user interface innovation into a device usable with almost any modern day computer.
You will probably need to use a Dremel tool and a little glue to make the new mouse's board fit into Apple's old case, but it all seems pretty simple, and in the end, you'll have a sharp-looking retro mouse that uses Bluetooth.
The old Apple mouse only has one button, so you'll have to control-click (or download a separate app on Windows) to simulate the right click if you need it -- a small price to pay for clicking around in retro style, though.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)