Turning an old Apple mouse into a modern Bluetooth mouse
This Instructable is a pretty sweet project that some of you might want to take on this weekend: It'll teach you how to combine an 80s-era Apple mouse body with the innards of a modern Bluetooth wireless mouse, thus turning Apple's user interface innovation into a device usable with almost any modern day computer.
You will probably need to use a Dremel tool and a little glue to make the new mouse's board fit into Apple's old case, but it all seems pretty simple, and in the end, you'll have a sharp-looking retro mouse that uses Bluetooth.
The old Apple mouse only has one button, so you'll have to control-click (or download a separate app on Windows) to simulate the right click if you need it -- a small price to pay for clicking around in retro style, though.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV