Booq Viper sleeve: A sleek way to protect your MacBook Air
Booq makes a lot of great cases and sleeves for Apple products, like the Python Courier bag and the Booq Folio for iPad 2. They're well-designed and built to last. The company has come out with a new and thin sleeve for the 11" and 13" MacBook Air that provides protection while leaving out the bulk. Take a look at the Booq Viper sleeve (US$39.95 for 11", $49.94 for 13"), and enter to win one just in time for the start of the school year.
Design and Functionality
What makes the Booq Viper sleeve so different? It uses a semi-rigid design with three "ridges" on each side. They make the thing more durable and look good, too.
The design is incredibly simple -- there are no zippers, pulls, or anything else to keep you from grabbing your MacBook Air when you need it. The top of the sleeve has a magnetic closure that pops open when you pull it apart. Usually, the sleeve top is in the closed position. The inside of the sleeve is lined with nylon, while the outside is molded from a natural fiber -- jute.
The resulting sleeve offers a lot of protection without being heavy or bulky. On the other hand, if you need to carry other items -- an AC adapter, a dongle for connecting to a projector, and so on -- you'll need another bag. My take on the Viper sleeve is that it works well to protect your MacBook Air from scratches and bumps while it's in a larger bag like a backpack.
It's thin. It's lightweight. It has a good feel to it. It protects your MacBook Air. It's also just different enough that people are going to say "Where'd you get that sleeve?"
- Extremely thin and lightweight
- Attractive design
- Jute material on exterior provides good grip, looks classy
- Magnetic closure keeps the MacBook Air securely tucked away
- A bit pricey for a sleeve, especially the 13" model
Who is it for?
- Owners of the MacBook Air who are looking for minimalist protection, or who have an existing bag and want to keep the MBA free from scratches.
Have a 13" MacBook Air? Then enter to win the Viper sleeve seen in the pictures in this review. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before August 20, 2012 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a Booq Viper sleeve for a 13" MacBook Air in the Sand finish (value of US$49.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options