WSJ shares more details on Apple TV
Earlier this week, The Wall Street Journal leaked information about upcoming changes to the Apple TV. A follow-up report added details that suggest Apple may be working on a set-top television box with cloud-based DVR functions. It's a concept that is very similar to a design described in a recent Apple patent.
The Apple TV would let viewers watch their favorite TV show at any time via a DVR that stores the TV shows in the cloud. It may also have a familiar icon-based interface that'll be easier to use than current DVR's, which are often confusing and clunky. Not surprisingly, the Apple TV could serve up content to iPhones and iPads and may also include social media features.
Though this all sounds enticing, there's a chance it won't come to fruition. As we pointed out yesterday, the company's biggest hurdle won't be manufacturing the hardware, but getting the cable companies to ink a content deal.
Earlier this week, The Wall Street Journal leaked information about upcoming changes to the Apple TV. A follow-up report added details...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements