Hauppage releases the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, now with HDMI
Hauppage has released the second version of its "Gaming Edition" Personal Video Recorder, which allows you to record streams of video from a television, gaming console or PC directly on to your Mac. We took a close look at the last version of this device, and it worked well, but completely without the benefit of HDMI. This new version, however, includes an HDMI port, which means you can record video on it at up to 1080p resolution.
The box is listed at $169, but you may be able to find it cheaper online. The biggest drawback with this unit, however, is that you'll need to buy the software used on the Mac to capture video from it, and that can run you about $29.95. But if you specifically need a Mac to record the video, the box works well, and that added HDMI port means you have even more options (including buying an iOS HDMI adapter from Apple and even recording video straight from an iPhone or iPad).
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved