Hauppage releases the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, now with HDMI
Hauppage has released the second version of its "Gaming Edition" Personal Video Recorder, which allows you to record streams of video from a television, gaming console or PC directly on to your Mac. We took a close look at the last version of this device, and it worked well, but completely without the benefit of HDMI. This new version, however, includes an HDMI port, which means you can record video on it at up to 1080p resolution.
The box is listed at $169, but you may be able to find it cheaper online. The biggest drawback with this unit, however, is that you'll need to buy the software used on the Mac to capture video from it, and that can run you about $29.95. But if you specifically need a Mac to record the video, the box works well, and that added HDMI port means you have even more options (including buying an iOS HDMI adapter from Apple and even recording video straight from an iPhone or iPad).
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter