Kanex back to school giveaway: Win an ATV Pro and Sydnee
Kanex makes a lot of great Mac and iOS accessories, many of which we've reviewed here on TUAW in the past. With kids, teachers, and administrators heading back to school, Kanex approached TUAW about giving away two products each to two winners of a special giveaway. The products are perfect for anyone using iPads in education, so be sure to enter if you're in that esteemed category.
Kanex has two packages to give away, each consisting of an ATV Pro (US$59.95) and a Sydnee ($149.00). The ATV Pro (image below) is an adapter that lets a standard VGA PC projector use Apple AirPlay mirroring from an iPad or a Mac running Mountain Lion to an Apple TV. Plug the ATV Pro into your Apple TV's HDMI port, then use a standard VGA cable to connect to your projector. For details of how the ATV Pro works, check out our review from earlier this year.
The other part of the giveaway packages consists of the very cool Sydnee (image at top), which is billed by Kanex as a "Smart Recharge Station" for iPads and other devices. With a unique shape and four high-power USB ports, you can keep up to four iPads charged up at a time. Put one of these in your classroom or teacher's lounge, and make sure that all of the iPads are ready to go at any time. As you can tell from our review, it works quite well and can easily accommodate iPads in third-party or Apple cases.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before August 25, 2012, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected. Both will receive a Kanex ATV Pro valued at $59.95 and a Sydnee Smart Recharge Station valued at $149.00.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free