Daily iPhone App: ScreenDIY lets you beautify your iPhone homescreen
If you want to spruce up your home screen or add some flair to your iPhone's lock screen, then you should check out ScreenDIY from SoftEase. The app has a repository of retina wallpapers, but at 152 images, it's not an overwhelming amount. You'll find a nice mix of frames, patterns and professional images. There's also a decent selection of App shelves and icon skins if you prefer a snazzier look. The wallpaper selection is constantly being updated by the developer, so there's always something fresh and new for you to browse.
Besides stock wallpapers, ScreenDIY also lets you customize both your homescreen and lock screen wallpapers by mixing and matching the stock images. You can select the DIY option and choose a custom background, a matching icon skin and more. You can also add a personal touch by importing a photo from your camera roll or by taking a photo on the fly using the camera. A preview button lets you see the skin in action. When you are done, you can save the custom skin to your camera roll and then set it manually as your background. You can also share it via Facebook, Twitter Flickr, Sina weibo and Tencent weibo.
Though I usually don't install wallpaper apps, I decided to check out ScreenDIY because it had some attractive backgrounds and, at 6.6 MB, it wasn't going to take up too much space on my 16 GB iPhone. I'm happy with the app and look forward to the new wallpapers that are added each week. ScreenDIY is available for 99-cents from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features