Discovery Bay Games raises $15M for iOS "Appcessories"
Seattle-based Discovery Bay Games, a board game company turned iOS accessory maker, announced today it has raised $15 million in Series B funding, according to a report in TechCrunch. Big name investors include accessory maker Logitech and Trilogy Equity Partners, an investment firm led by Clearwire board chairman John Stanton.
The company will use this money to further its line of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch accessories. Discovery Bay Games has been making iPad accessories since December 2010 and is most well-known for its Duo iPad game controller. The company also recently announced a partnership with Gameloft which will bring Gameloft's games to the Duo line of accessories.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)