Discovery Bay Games raises $15M for iOS "Appcessories"
Seattle-based Discovery Bay Games, a board game company turned iOS accessory maker, announced today it has raised $15 million in Series B funding, according to a report in TechCrunch. Big name investors include accessory maker Logitech and Trilogy Equity Partners, an investment firm led by Clearwire board chairman John Stanton.
The company will use this money to further its line of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch accessories. Discovery Bay Games has been making iPad accessories since December 2010 and is most well-known for its Duo iPad game controller. The company also recently announced a partnership with Gameloft which will bring Gameloft's games to the Duo line of accessories.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature