Apple Remote Desktop Admin update
With all of the fanfare of a mouse creeping into a dark, dank basement, Apple updated the Apple Remote Desktop Admin app to version 3.6.1 a few days ago.
Remote Desktop 3.6.1 requires either OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion. For Mountain Lion, the update is available via the Updates tab in the Mac App Store. For Lion, the update will be available in the Mac App Store if you purchased Apple Remote Desktop from the store originally, or as an automatic software update if purchased on disc. There's also a manual update available for direct download.
What's in the update? Apple says that it will improve "the overall stability and reliability of the Remote Desktop application, and includes the following specific changes:"
- Faster launch speed when long computer lists are present.
- Reliability of migrated computer lists when upgrading from earlier versions of Apple Remote Desktop.
- Improves observing and controlling computers that have more than one display.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update