Daily iPad App: Supermagical provides polished fun
You've played games like Supermagical before. It's similar to Bubble Bobble or Snood, two games which have been seen multiple times on almost every platform, including iOS. But the key here is polish. Supermagical is a fun game that has you matching up colored balls that you fire across the screen. Just like the developer's previous release, Pro Zombie Soccer, the production value is very high.
The game is tilted on its side, so instead of shooting up to the top, you're firing across the screen, and bouncing balls across the top and bottom. That simple change adds a lot. Supermagical's cute characters and colorful graphics go a long way as well, and spells, powerups, and special attacks make the game pop off of the screen. There are also extra goals, like completing a level in a certain time, and various items change the gameplay.
Supermagical's core idea isn't new. If you've played Snood, you'll know how this all works. But it's well done, and more than worth the 99 cent price. Supermagical is available as a universal app right now.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client