Cassette to iPod Converter will digitize your tapes
If you have a box of cassette tapes left over from your Walkman days, then you might want to pay a visit to Hammacher Schlemmer. The online retailer is selling a cassette to iPod converter that could help you finally clear those aging tapes from your shelves.
The device is a cradle case with a cassette player that attaches to your iPhone or iPod touch. A free app lets you convert the incoming audio from the player to an mp3 file, which can then be downloaded to your computer. If you like the sound of tape-based music, you can even attach your phone to some speakers and listen to the cassette while it plays.
The Cassette to iPod Converter is available for US$80 and will ship at the end of September.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client